- Visitor Info
- Contemporary Art
- Folk Arts
- Get Involved
The Castellani Art Museum collection was initiated in 1976 by Dr. Armand J. Castellani for the purpose of encouraging the study and love of art and improving cultural understanding by forming a significant collection for Niagara University students and the Western New York public. The Castellani family continues to enlarge the collection, while friends of the Museum and University, corporations, alumni, collectors, artists, and others have also been generous donors.
Currently numbering over 5600 works of art, the collection includes prints, photographs, paintings, drawings, and sculpture dating largely from the 1850's to the present. The collection illustrates the development of modern art, but focuses primarily on art from the 1970's to the present.